Sliver Moon

A slice of moon hangs over the night.
A sliver of golden yellow against a cobalt sky.
Its crescent shape,

corners turned upward, toward Heaven, resembles a smile.
On a cold winter eve, this shard of light guides me, brightens my journey,

leads the way home.

by Lina Rehal

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

The trees are up. The lights are lit. The elves are busy at the North Pole. Santa is at the malls. I no sooner put away my summer clothes and it was time to drag out my Anna Lee dolls. I can’t believe Christmas is almost here. We’ll soon be toasting a new year. Winter is on its way.

We had some major bumps in the road between June of 2009 and May of 2010, but we managed to get through them. We had a great summer, a fantastic trip to Disney in October and a relaxing weekend in North Conway in December. We have a new grandson, a beautiful family and wonderful friends. We are truly blessed.


DISNEY: OCTOBER 2010

This trip was amazing! Two of our kids were there with their families. The whole Disney experience is different when seen through the eyes of children. Some of our grandkids have been to Disney before. This was Mason’s first trip and Katie’s second. I loved seeing the expressions on their faces when they met the characters.



We stayed at the Boardwalk Hotel this time, which worked out well for us. Gina, John and Katie were at the Dolphin, a five minute walk from us. Michelle, Clive and Mason were at Caribbean Beach, also close by. We all spent a lot of time in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. The kids were great company for each other. They were both a little afraid of some of the rides. Katie did not like Snow White’s Scary Adventure. Mason wasn’t crazy about the Haunted Castle, but he went on Splash Mountain with his grandfather. Both kids loved It’s A Small World. How could they not?

Dick and I enjoyed a nice quiet dinner at Shula’s one night and a lovely Italian dinner at Il Mulino’s at the Swan. We spent a lot of time on the Boardwalk. The kids were fascinated with the magicians and jugglers. It was a magical trip, except the last night when Katie took a header out of her stroller on the way out of Hollywood Studios.

NORTH CONWAY: DECEMBER 2010

Dick and I enjoyed a relaxing weekend in North Conway in December. We stayed at the Suites at Eastern Slope Inn. Our unit was behind the inn near the railroad station. The Magical Express passed by our door. It was so close that I could wave to the people on board as they headed for the North Pole. I got a big kick out of watching the train go by and taking pictures of the children.

We had lunch at Horsefeathers, pizza one night at the Flatbread Company, the restaurant at the inn, and shopped the outlet stores. On Saturday night, we had a lovely dinner at the White Mountain Hotel, another one of our favorite places up north. I stopped in at Zeb’s and the North Conway 5 and 10 Cent Store and all the little shops in the center of town. We did a lot of shopping and eating.

WRITING UPDATE: CAROUSEL KISSES / SWEET VIOLETS

The news on Carousel Kisses is not good. I’ve run into some publishing problems and cannot tell you when my book will be available at this time. I will let you know as soon as possible. In the meantime, I am working on starting a publishing company of my own so that I can publish books myself as many authors do these days. I don’t know the fate of CAROUSEL KISSSES right now, but I can tell you that I am working on my next book, SWEET VIOLETS. I will keep you posted on what’s happening with the publishing company and both books. I hope to have some good news soon. I will update you through my website, www.luvs2write.com , the website/blog for the book, www.carouselkisses.blogspot.com , Facebook and Twitter. Thank you for your support.

MY WRITING GROUP: NORTH SHORE SCRIBES

This wonderful group continues to flourish. We have seven members at present. It’s a phenomenal group of women writers. My good friend, Gail Lowe, (author of Former Things) attended one of our meetings as a guest author. You can visit us at www.northshorescribes.wordpress.com. Please stop by. We appreciate your comments. Bookmark the site and visit often.

OTHER HAPPENINGS IN THE REHAL WORLD:

Dick and I will be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary in January. We have a special weekend in North Conway planned in February in honor of the occasion.

Thanks for reading my blog. Please stop by again.

May you all enjoy a wonderful holiday season and a happy, healthy new year in 2011!!

Lina

No comments: