Sliver Moon

A slice of moon hangs over the night.
A sliver of golden yellow against a cobalt sky.
Its crescent shape,

corners turned upward, toward Heaven, resembles a smile.
On a cold winter eve, this shard of light guides me, brightens my journey,

leads the way home.

by Lina Rehal

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Here I Come

The new village is up. I bought yet another piece when I went out to buy boxes for wrapping presents. I couldn't resist it. A sweet little house on top of a mountain of snow surrounded by tiny colored lights and a little train that goes around the house. Well, it's supposed to go around the house. It gets stuck. I guess I'll have to return it. The village is up to 10 buildings and a small news stand. I'll hate myself when it's time to take it down and store it.

Other than that, I've been sick, so I haven't finished my Christmas shopping. Ha Ha, like I would have it done by now anyway.

Thanksgiving was great. My nine month old granddaughter, Katie, had a grand time for herself. It was fun watching her discover new things. She's crawling all over the place now and sure gets around the room fast. The kids all seem to like it here because we have so many "things" for them to touch and go after. I try to kid proof the best I can, but I can't put everything away. We don't have anywhere to put it all.

My friend Nancy and I have started an email story cirlce. We have written some holiday stories and emailed them to each other and now are sending them to our friends via email. We are inviting others to send their holiday memories and including them in our circle and sending them around too. It's fun. I may end up posting them on here so we can have an easier way of forwarding the stories. Adding them to emails is taking too long.

The Christmas rush is on. I hope I can slow down a bit and enjoy the fun part of it.

Happy holidays to you!

1 comment:

Chatty Lady said...

My comment to you dear friend is that with so much interesting going on around you it's time you updated your blog for us all to enjoy, wouldn't you agree? I hope so. Dicks pansies look so beautiful in the picture and soon it will be time once again for them to bloom.
Chatty